- Peter Joubert returns to Afrox as MD.
- D & D sold.
- Introduced ZE pricing.
- PortaPak launched.
- BOC sponsors ‘The BOC Challenge: Around Alone’.
- Brits plant gets SABS 0157.
- The “start” of Afrox Healthcare with the purchase of 85% in Ammed, which is the JSE listed, four-hospitals group comprising of:
- Eugene Marais Hospital.
- Princess Florence Hospital.
- Lady Dudley Hospital.
- Randburg Day Clinic.
- Brenthurst Clinic acquired.
- CityPark hospital, Cape Town opened. A joint venture between Afrox and Barry Hurwitz of Clinic Holdings.
- Entabeni Hospital acquired with interest in the 125 bed Westville Hospital.
- HH & D acquired.
- Beau Sutherland retires.
- BOC’s Paul Bassonnet appointed chairman.
- Acquired Glynnwood.
- Sold 50 percent stake in City Park, Cape Town.
- Two oxygen plants erected at ISCOR at a cost of R100 million.
- Acquired St George’s, Port Elizabeth and 35 percent in Springs Parkland.
- Lithotriptor installed at Lady Dudley.
- Afrox purchases Liquid Air Namibia R1,2 million.
- Peter Joubert appointed chairman
- Built at a cost of R30 million The Glynnwood Hospital is officially opened by Prof Chris Barnard.
- 10 private hospitals with 1 900 beds.
- MRI installed at Eugene Marais.